Intertape® 4118 is a Kapton® polyimide film electrical adhesive tape. Kapton® polyimide backing and silicone adhesive offers outstanding thermal resistance and excellent electrical insulating properties. This tape is used where toughness, Puncture resistance, extreme resistance to heat, and flame retardance are required. Measured against maximum temperature criteria (VDE 03340, DIN 40633) this tape can withstand high temperatures for limited periods of time (250°C = 1.000 hours, 350°C = 10 hours). Flame retardant according to UL510.
- Core and inter-layer insulation in tranformers
- Protection of gold plated contacts on PC-boards during wave-soldering and where residue free removal of the tape is required
- Ground barrier and phase insulation in high performance coils
- Outer wrap on small bobbin wound coils
- Form wound coils for traction motors
- Final bandaging of coils
- Taping of coreless coils
- Contact protection against current carrying conductors
The Rolls should be stored in their packaging protected from light and at a temperature between 15°C to 24°C, with a relative humidity of 50% +/- 30%. When using an adhesive tape stored below 15°C, it is advisable to keep the tape at room temperature for 24 hours to preserve its characteristics.
|Adhesion to Steel|
|Breakdown Voltage (Veff VDE 0303)|
|Insulation Resistance (megaΩ)|